Sunday, July 12, 2009

きたああああああ!!

It was as funny as crap at Nashville's Airport. The limit for luggage was 50 pounds, but both of my bags exceeded the very number, namely one being 83 pounds, and another being 63 pounds. I had to get myself a new bag, but it was rather anticipated for since the day before. So, we arrived at Newark Airport a few hours later, hurm, honestly I prefer LAX, this one looks really like a mess. Heck, it’s not like I’m gonna be here for more than a day, toleration took place.


~New York Airport~


~Arlanda Airport, Stockholm, Sweden~

Soon we boarded the Malaysian Airlines flight (MAS). We had to stop for a drop-off at Stockholm (Arlanda Airport) and for the couple of hours, at Amsterdam Airport for refueling. My Uncle was supposed to be with us, I mean piloting this MH 91 back to Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately something came up, but hey, we managed to secure three great seats with ample space of leg room. Heck, it was fun. Owh, did I mention that the steward and stewardess are superb too? One of them steward by the name of Ridzuan is a miraculously friendly. I soon found out that he is the uncle of one of us Vanderbilt Students. So, we were being shown around the cabin, and of course, we did not miss the cabin crew rest place on the upper deck. Heck, I mean how often can you be here? Haha


Noel and me


Special Tour of the crew's resting place (Had to squeeze myself to be able to fit in)


Hanis looks menacing (-_-")


The cool stewardess


And the stewards too!


Stockholm snapshot, a glance of Arlanda


In the canteen, with the cool Abg. Ridzuan

We touched down sometime around 10.30 ish, minus taxiing to the aprons. Boy it was a good flight, i mean, despite MAS having so much trouble this days with the newly elected Idris Jala trying to turn around the economic plan, MAS still live its name with the best Cabin Crew airline. I mean heck, I couldn't ask for more :p

So we were welcomed by the thermal cameras on our way out, 3 of them in fact, in total. However it may be, we survived all that and made our way to the baggage claim area. To my horror, none of our bags were there, until Billy Jo (B.J) secured his, and everybody sighed in relief. Hehe. (This scene is made dramatic according to the guidelines by Warner Bros. Company)

With the baggages claimed, I strolled down the aisle to the airport exit. There, my parents and little Syasya and Imi were waiting, looking rather impatiently. I was greeted with a bouquet of flower and a box of chocolate with greeting card attached to it. Hey, it was a really warm welcome indeed. Thanks all! うれしかった! So, we hugged each other for a while and made it to the car.


The flower, the chocolate and the greet card! :p うれしい :p

That day, we had lunch at the local Thai restaurant. Being in the states for 2 years, I was almost clueless of how my taste buds might react to the food. There were fried soft shelled crabs, wonton, jumbo shrimps, fried sweet sour fish, Ranchai crabs and a lot of cold juices! Urgh, I love Malaysia's food. I think they should establish a foundation of the chefs around here. Haha

So, I'm now in Kemaman. Zurriya, Syera, Fawwaz are coming down sometime next week. Prabu is off to KL for his Taylor's reunion or something. Me? Staying home getting fat and fatter. So far, I had Hai Peng coffee and kaya buns, owh, not to mention mom's chi fan (Chicken rice), Li's fried dry noodle and Tong Juan's stuff crab. Yet in the lists are Patani's Red meat rice (Nasi daging merah), Teratak's wonton noodle, and Chinatown's Mata Kucing drink, Cherating's Fried Chicken rice, Kuantan's sizzling hot plate, KT's fried ice cream and much much much much more!


Li's fried dry noodle


Yummy!!


Stuff crabs!!! :p

I wish the people from Japanese Hall are here too. Probably one day in near future. I heard Makiko's coming down here to Malaysia, but i wasn't sure of the date. Haiz..

It's been a while since I was last here. There are a couple of noticeable changes here and there. Here are a couple of snapshots of our home.


A little white rack with rose ends


?? Some random clock attached to the main pillar. Rose ends


Our living room - with Syasya and Imi lost in the slumber


The humble computer and reading section


Living room, left wing


Kitchen to living room view


The chinese-retro style kitchen (The table is of the same design as Tong Juan's), I was to be blamed for the mess. Hihihi




Our new rabbits! Well, our Guby died a couple of months back. So, here's the replacement. I missed the big ol' fat Guby though :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment